Moundsville in Marshall County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Brick School House
Here in 1835 was assembled the
First County Court in Elizabethtown
Erected 1975 by Mound Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 55.128′ N, 80° 44.729′ W. Marker is in Moundsville, West Virginia, in Marshall County. Marker is at the intersection of Tomlinson Avenue and 7th Street, on the left when traveling north on Tomlinson Avenue. Touch for map. This historic marker is a plaque affixed to the southeast, outside corner wall of the county courthouse, facing Tomlinson Avenue. Marker is in this post office area: Moundsville WV 26041, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Volunteers in the Spanish-American War (a few steps from this marker); Marshall County Commemorates Service Men and Women (a few steps from this marker); Civil War Cannons (a few steps from this marker); Benjamin C. Criswell (a few steps from this marker); Moundsville / Capt. James Harrod Recipients of the Purple Heart (within shouting distance of this marker); Grave Creek Mound (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); West Virginia Penitentiary (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Moundsville.
Categories. • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 20, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 29, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 540 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 1, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.