Near Perryville in Boyle County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Battle of Perryville
October 8, 1862
Erected by Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 58.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. This marker has been replaced by another marker nearby. It was located near 37° 40.464′ N, 84° 58.101′ W. Marker was near Perryville, Kentucky, in Boyle County. Marker was on Park Road 0.1 miles west of Battlefield Road (State Route 1920), on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. The marker was located at a small parking pull-off with one or two picnic tables nearby. Marker was in this post office area: Perryville KY 40468, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Sgt. Harris B. Cope Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Introduction (about 400 feet away); Donelson's Advance (about 500 feet away); Donelson's Attack (about 500 feet away); Soldiers' Reaction to Lincoln's Emancipation (about 600 feet away); Perryvile and the Emancipation Proclamation (about 600 feet away); Squire Henry P. Bottom (about 700 feet away); Confederate Cemetery (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Perryville.
More about this marker. This marker has been refurbished and relocated several times over the last 28 years. Kentucky marker #58 was originally located in the town of Perryville. At some point it was moved to the Perryville Battlefield State Park. In 2013 this marker was again relocated to its current position between the town and the park.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Kentucky marker #58 has been relocated several times.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 30, 2011, by David Graff of Halifax, Nova Scotia. This page has been viewed 632 times since then and 17 times this year. Last updated on May 3, 2012, by David Graff of Halifax, Nova Scotia. Photo 1. submitted on June 30, 2011, by David Graff of Halifax, Nova Scotia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.