Milwaukee in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
R. D. Whitehead Monument
Erected in 1910
Restored as a fountain in 1966
Mayor’s Beautification Committee
Designated a Milwaukee Landmark in 1974
in recognition of its historical
significance to the community
The Badger State Humane Society
in remembrance of my faithful friends.
Dogs: Jim, Flora, Dandy, Pet,
Punch, Judy, & Shorty
Cats: Frank & Henry
Birds: Browney & Dick
Erected 1974 by Milwaukee Landmarks Commission.
Location. 43° 0.924′ N, 87° 55.987′ W. Marker is in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in Milwaukee County. Marker is at the intersection of South 16th Street and West Bow Street, on the right when traveling south on South 16th Street. Touch for map. Marker is located in the small triangle park bordered by South 16th Street, South Pearl Street and West Bow Street. Marker is in this post office area: Milwaukee WI 53204, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mitchell Park (approx. 0.9 miles away); Saint Stephen Lutheran Church Jacques Vieau, in 1795 (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Cream City (approx. one mile away); Holy Trinity - Our Lady of Guadalupe Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); St. Josaphat Basilica (approx. 1.1 miles away); Forest Home Cemetery Civil War Veterans (approx. 1.1 miles away); Dr. Silas J. Sawyer and Jennie E. Sawyer (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milwaukee.
Also see . . . R.D. Whitehead_Monument. Wikipedia (Submitted on May 16, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Animals •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 11, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 373 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on May 11, 2012, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.