Cortlandt Manor in Westchester County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
160th Anniversary of St. Peterís
Pierre VanCortlandt Chapter,
the American Revolution,
on the 160th Anniversary of
the erection of this church
to commemorate the fact that
worshipped in this building
and as a tribute to
the memory of
Lt. Gov. Pierre VanCortlandt
a pioneer member of
who became a
church warden in 1793.
Erected 1927 by Daughters of the American Revolution - Pierre VanCortlandt Chapter.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 18.827′ N, 73° 54.013′ W. Marker is in Cortlandt Manor, New York, in Westchester County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Oregon Road and Locust Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is located in front of Old St. Peterís Church in Hillside Cemetery. Marker is in this post office area: Cortlandt Manor NY 10567, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Saint Peterís Episcopal Church (here, next to this marker); Site of St. Peterís Church (here, next to this marker); French Soldiers of the Revolutionary War Heroes of the American Revolution (a few steps from this marker); Old Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Seth Pomeroy & Jeremiah Drake (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Peterís Churchyard & Old Van Cortlandtville Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Pomeroy (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cortlandt Manor.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 11, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 304 times since then and 17 times this year. Last updated on May 13, 2012, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 11, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.