Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Evanston in Cook County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Archange Ouilmette

 
 
Archange Ouilmette Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, April 29, 2012
1. Archange Ouilmette Marker
Inscription. Lake Shore Chapter Daughters of the American Colonists marks the S.E. corner of the two sections of land given by the Federal government to Archange Ouilmette, Pottowatomie Indian, in gratitude for her fathers aid in helping with a treaty between the United States and the Pottowatomie, Chippewa, and Ottawa Tribes. This treaty was made at Prairie Du Chien in 1829.

“This tract to have and to hold for Archange and children, never to be leased or conveyed unless by permission of the President of the United States.”
 
Erected by Evanston Park Board, Evanston Historical Society.
 
Location. 42° 3.842′ N, 87° 40.613′ W. Marker is in Evanston, Illinois, in Cook County. Marker is at the intersection of Sheridan Road and Central Street, on the right when traveling north on Sheridan Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2601 Sheridan Road, Evanston IL 60201, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Grosse Point Light Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Emil Bach House (approx. 3.3 miles away); Indian Boundary Village (approx. 3.8 miles
Archange Ouilmette Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, April 29, 2012
2. Archange Ouilmette Marker
away); Indian Boundary Park (approx. 3.9 miles away); 1877 Keystone from City Hall Building (approx. 3.9 miles away); Philip Rogers Home Site (approx. 3.9 miles away); The Green Bay Trail (approx. 5.2 miles away); Gauler Twin Houses (approx. 5.2 miles away).
 
Categories. Native Americans
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 22, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 527 times since then and 52 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 22, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement