Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Cumberland in Providence County, Rhode Island — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Monastery Bell

 
 
Monastery Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bryan Simmons, July 26, 2011
1. Monastery Bell Marker
Inscription. This bell was cast by George Holbrook in East Medway MA in 1840, and was installed at 22 Broad St. It remained there until 1977 when it was dismantled by the Knights of Columbus and brought to the Hayden Library and dedicated to the departed brothers of St. Thomas K. of C. Council #1472
 
Erected 1977 by Knights of Columbus.
 
Location. 41° 56.022′ N, 71° 24.232′ W. Marker is in Cumberland, Rhode Island, in Providence County. Marker can be reached from Diamond Hill Road (Rhode Island Route 114), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Cumberland RI 02864, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nine Menís Misery (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); South Attleboro Memorial Wall (approx. 2.5 miles away in Massachusetts); Pierce Park and Riverwalk (approx. 2.9 miles away); Garland - Muccio Square (approx. 3.1 miles away in Massachusetts); Draper Farm Historic Site (approx. 3.4 miles away in Massachusetts); Old Powder House 1768 (approx. 3.4 miles away in Massachusetts); First Successful Cotton Mill in America (approx. 4 miles away); The Old Slater Mill (approx. 4 miles away).
 
Regarding Monastery Bell.
Monastery Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bryan Simmons, July 26, 2011
2. Monastery Bell Marker
George Holbrook was an apprentice of Paul Revere
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Monastery Bell Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bryan Simmons, July 26, 2011
3. Monastery Bell Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 25, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 673 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on May 25, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement