Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Miami in Roberts County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Roberts County

 
 
Roberts County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, May 2, 2012
1. Roberts County Marker
Inscription.
Formed from Young and Bexar
Territories
Created, August 21, 1876
Organized, January 10, 1889

Named in honor of
John S. Roberts
A signer of the Texas Declaration
of Independence, and
Oran Milo Roberts
Governor of Texas, 1878-1882

County seat, Miami,
to October, 1889
Parnell, to August 1, 1898
Miami, since

 
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4292.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
 
Location. 35° 44.067′ N, 100° 34.55′ W. Marker is near Miami, Texas, in Roberts County. Marker is on U.S. 60 1.1 miles west of Ranch to Market Road 3367, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Miami TX 79059, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fossil Beds (approx. 1.1 miles away); Historic Roadside Park (approx. 1.9 miles away); Roberts County Courthouse (approx. 4.4 miles away); Colonel O. M. Roberts (approx. 4.4 miles away); Miami Railroad Depot
Roberts County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, May 2, 2012
2. Roberts County Marker
(approx. 4.5 miles away); Cottage Hotel (approx. 4.6 miles away); Route of Marcy Trail (approx. 10.4 miles away); Gen. Nelson Miles Expedition (approx. 11 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Miami.
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Roberts County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, May 2, 2012
3. Roberts County Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 29, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 278 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on May 29, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement