Near Pampa in Gray County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Created August 21, 1876
Organized May 27, 1902
Named in Honor of
Peter W. Gray
Member of the First Legislature
Member of the Confederate Congress
Appointed to the Texas Supreme
Bench in 1874
County seat, Lefors, 1902
Pampa, since 1928
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 15289.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 35° 32.027′ N, 100° 55.534′ W. Marker is near Pampa, Texas, in Gray County. Marker is on East Frederick Avenue (U.S. 60) 0.4 miles west of Texas Highway 171, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pampa TX 79065, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Woody Guthrie (approx. 1.9 miles away); First Methodist Church of Pampa (approx. 2 miles away); Pioneer Cottage (approx. 2 miles away); 1934 Pampa Post Office Building (approx. Quanah Parker Trail (approx. 2 miles away); Vittorio Emanuel von Brunow, M. D. (approx. 2 miles away); White Deer Land Building (approx. 2 miles away); First National Bank in Pampa (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pampa.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 30, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 283 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 30, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.