Pampa in Gray County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The cabin was bought in 1920 by E. S. Carr, Pampa mayor, 1917-1918 and 1938-1940. He gave it as a wedding present to daughter Edna and her husband Clifford Vincent, a son of the builders.
In 1963, the Cliff Vincents gave the cabin for use as a museum to the Pampa Genealogical and Historical Society. It has been furnished with period pieces and restored to original appearance.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4027.)
Location. 35° 32.096′ N, 100° 57.624′ W. Marker is in Pampa, Texas, in Gray County. Marker is at the intersection of East Atchison Avenue and South Cuyler Street, on the right when traveling east on East Atchison Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pampa TX 79065, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Quanah Parker Trail (a few steps from this marker); White Deer Land Building (within Oil Discovery in Gray County (within shouting distance of this marker); Vittorio Emanuel von Brunow, M. D. (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1934 Pampa Post Office Building (about 400 feet away); First National Bank in Pampa (about 500 feet away); Woody Guthrie (about 600 feet away); First Methodist Church of Pampa (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pampa.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 30, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 318 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 30, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.