White Deer in Carson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Presbyterian Church
The First Presbyterian Church building served as a worship center from 1909 to 1969. The structure was moved from this site in 1978. (1979)
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1814.)
Location. 35° 25.884′ N, 101° 10.425′ W. Marker is in White Deer, Texas, in Carson County. Marker is at the intersection of West 5th Avenue and South Doucette Street, on the right when traveling west on West 5th Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: White Deer TX 79097, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hotel at White Deer ( approx. 0.2 miles away); White Deer Jackson General Store ( approx. ¼ mile away); Last Great Panhandle Cattle Drive to Montana ( approx. 1.6 miles away); Terminus of the Santa Fe Railroad ( approx. 12.4 miles away); Atchison, Topeka, & Santa Fe Railroad Depot ( approx. 13.1 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 31, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 339 times since then and 44 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 31, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.