The Original Water Supply
The Spring on this lot was the original water supply around which Roger Williams gathered the first settlers was in 1721 by reservation in the deed from the Proprietors of Providence made accessible to the townspeople forever
This plot of ground was in 1931 given to the city of Providence by J-Jerome Hahn in memory of his father Issac Hahn the first citizen of Jewish faith to be elected to office by the voters of Providence
Location. 41° 49.836′ N, 71° 24.625′ W. Marker is in Providence, Rhode Island, in Providence County. Marker is on North Main Street (U.S. 1), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Providence RI 02903, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Wellspring of Providence (a few steps from this marker); A Shelter for Persons Distressed (a few steps from this marker); A Howling Wilderness (within shouting distance of this marker); Gabriel Bernon (within shouting distance of this marker); The Century to Statehood (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); A Thoroughfare Town
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 8, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 424 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 8, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. 4. submitted on August 30, 2017, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.