Wichita in Sedgwick County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Fiske Hall Centennial Celebration
October 26, 2004
Donald L. Beggs, President, Wichita State University
Wichita State University Board of Trustees: Joan S. Beren, Allan K. Higdon, E. L. Kinch, J. V. Lentell, Anthony V. Madrigal, Arneatha K. Martin, Marilyn B. Pauly, Cynthia A. Schwan, Jeffrey L. Turner, and Elizabeth H. King, Executive Director.
Historic Preservation Committee: Ted D. Ayres, J. Eric Engstrom, John D. Gist,
George M. Platt, and Phillip D. Thomas.
Fairmount College, 1895 – 1926
The Municipal University of Wichita, 1926 – 1964
Wichita State University, 1964 –
Erected 2004 by Wichita State University.
Location. 37° 43.016′ N, 97° 17.769′ W. Marker is in Wichita, Kansas, in Sedgwick Touch for map. Marker is at the entrance to Fiske Hall, about 125 feet northeast of the intersection of Fairmount Avenue and Perimeter Road, on the Wichita State University. Marker is in this post office area: Wichita KS 67260, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fiske Hall (here, next to this marker); Edwin A. Ulrich (within shouting distance of this marker); McKnight Art Center (within shouting distance of this marker); Standing Proudly on the Hill (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Memorial '70 (about 700 feet away); Bicentennial of the Birth of George Washington (approx. 0.2 miles away); Morrison Library (approx. 0.2 miles away); Pizza Hut Number One (approx. ľ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wichita.
Also see . . . About Fiske Hall. (Submitted on June 10, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 10, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 358 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 10, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.