Norton in Bristol County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Site of First Church in Norton
This post ordered by the town in 1889
Erected 1889 by Town of Norton.
Location. 41° 58.035′ N, 71° 11.273′ W. Marker is in Norton, Massachusetts, in Bristol County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (Massachusetts Route 123) and Taunton Ave (U.S. 140), in the median on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Norton MA 02766, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Norton Common Burial Ground (approx. 1.3 miles away); Stony Brook (approx. 2.3 miles away); King Philip's Cave (approx. 3.1 miles away); First Burial Ground (approx. 3.2 miles away); Winneccunnett Pond Area (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Site of the First House in Norton (approx. 3.2 miles away); Mansfield Orthodox Congregational Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); The Old Bay Road (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Norton.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 21, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 466 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 21, 2012, by Bryan Simmons of Attleboro, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.