Near Buena Vista in Marion County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The famous old St. Marys Road from Columbus to St. Marys, on the coast, passed on the west side of Smyrna Church and in front of the others. The old Mt. Pisgah Free Will Baptist Church was nearby. This section, known as Cut-Off District, originally part of Stewart County, was added to Marion County in 1847.
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 098-5.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 9.753′ N, 84° 32.724′ W. Marker is near Buena Vista, Georgia, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 41 and Churchill Road (County Route 123), on the left when traveling north on State Route 41. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Buena Vista GA 31803, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Lannahassee ( approx. 6.7 miles away); Webster County ( approx. 6.7 miles away); Veterans ( approx. 6.7 miles away); Walter F. George ( approx. 6.7 miles away); First Confederate Flag Raising in Georgia ( approx. 6.7 miles away); Providence Chapel ( approx. 8.3 miles away); Cedarwood Cemetery ( approx. 8.6 miles away); Richland Baptist Church Site ( approx. 8.7 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 21, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 21, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.