Jourdanton in Atascosa County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Jourdanton United Methodist Church
In 1910, church trustees B. B. Daughtrey, James A. Waltom and C. B. Myers purchased property at the corner of Elm Avenue and Brown Street from E. M. and May Tom, and a frame building was constructed on the site. In 1941, the congregation razed the original structure and built a new one at the same location. Property was later purchased at the corner of Chestnut and Campbell, and the 1941 sanctuary was moved to the new site in 1957. The sanctuary was later sold and removed from the property, and the present sanctuary was constructed in 1964.
The Jourdanton Methodist
Erected 2009 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 15704.)
Location. 28° 55′ N, 98° 32.63′ W. Marker is in Jourdanton, Texas, in Atascosa County. Marker is on Campbell Avenue south of Elm Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1004 Campbell Avenue, Jourdanton TX 78026, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Atascosa County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Atascosa County (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Atascosa County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Martin Abstract Company (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Atascosa County Jail (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jourdanton (approx. 0.7 miles away); Ralph Roy Smith (approx. ¾ mile away); Jourdanton City Cemetery (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jourdanton.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 22, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. This page has been viewed 426 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 23, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.