King of Prussia in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Valley Forge Hut
Constructed by the Pennsylvania Society of Sons of the Revolution June 18, A.D. 1935
Erected 1935 by Pennsylvania Society of Sons of the Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Sons of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 40° 5.252′ N, 75° 26.504′ W. Marker is in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Outer Line Drive, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is on the tour road of Valley Forge National Historical Park, midway between North Gulph Road and Baptist Road. Located near the picnic area. Marker is in this post office area: King of Prussia PA 19406, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pennsylvania Division (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Generals and Cattle Raids (about 700 feet away); Anthony Wayne Pennsylvania Columns (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Memory of Unknown Soldiers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Virginia (approx. ¼ mile away); Poor’s Brigade (approx. ¼ mile away); The National Arch at Valley Forge (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in King of Prussia.
Also see . . . Valley Forge. National Park Service site. Under the Photos and Multimedia navigation section are links to various video and audio podcasts about Valley Forge. (Submitted on February 24, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 23, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,282 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 23, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.