Hamilton in Hamilton County, Ontario — Central Canada
was an outwork of
the first line of defense
1812 - 1815
Erected 1914 by Wentworth Historical Society.
Location. 43° 16.202′ N, 79° 53.226′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Ontario, in Hamilton County. Marker can be reached from York Boulevard north of Dundurn Street North. Touch for map. This historic marker is located in the Hamilton Cemetery, along the west side of one of the cemetery roadways, on a slight rise in the road. Marker is at or near this postal address: 555 York Boulevard, Hamilton, Ontario L8R, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sir John Harvey (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); Dundurn Castle (about 150 meters away); United Empire Loyalists (about 150 meters away); a different marker also named Dundurn Castle (about 210 meters away); Sir Allan Napier MacNab (about 210 meters away); March to Stoney Creek (about 210 meters away); First Line of Defense (about 240 meters away); Burlington Heights 1813 - 1814 (about 240 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hamilton.
Also see . . . Project:1812 – Burlington Heights. This is a link (Submitted on June 25, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 634 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 25, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.