Bartow in Polk County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Swearingen - Langford House
690 E. Church St.
—c. 1925 —
Location. 27° 53.9′ N, 81° 50.284′ W. Marker is in Bartow, Florida, in Polk County. Marker is at the intersection of East Church Street and North Oak Avenue, on the left when traveling east on East Church Street. Touch for map. The marker is mounted on the front of the home, to the left when facing the front door. A NRHP plaque is mounted on the right. Marker is at or near this postal address: 690 East Church Street, Bartow FL 33830, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Polk County Courthouse (approx. 0.3 miles away); Co E 7th Florida Inf Regt South Florida Bulldogs (approx. 0.3 miles away); Site of Fort Blount (approx. 0.4 miles away); Historic L. B. Brown House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Mann Manor (approx. half Fort Carroll (approx. 2.3 miles away); Fort Fraser (approx. 3.9 miles away); Homeland School (approx. 5½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bartow.
Regarding Swearingen - Langford House. The home is a two-story, red brick, Colonial revival structure with a large ionic portico. It was listed with the National Register of Historic Places under the name "John J. Swearingen House" in 1982 (ref #82002379), and became a Contributing Property to the Northeast Bartow Residential District when the district was added to the National Register in 1993.
The home is a private residence.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 29, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. This page has been viewed 333 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 29, 2012, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.