Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Armour and Swift Plaza
In 1901, both meatpackers signed identical contracts with the Fort Worth Stock Yards Company, giving the packers equal capital shares in the livestock company. Together they established the town sites of North Fort Worth (1902-1909) and later Niles City (1911-1923).
This plaza is a tribute to the people. Many of whom emigrated from foreign countries, and worked for the meatpackers. They settled in North Fort Worth communities, providing the foundation of our unique ethnic heritage.
Erected 1988 by North Fort Worth Historical Society.
Location. 32° 47.328′ N, 97° 20.648′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker is at the intersection of Packers Avenue and Nile City Boulevard, on the right when traveling north on Packers Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2446 Packers Ave, Fort Worth TX 76164, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Armour & Company ( here, next to this marker); Swift & Company ( here, next to this marker); Fort Worth Belt Railway ( within shouting distance of this marker); Quanah Parker ( about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fort Worth Livestock Exchange ( about 800 feet away); Fort Worth Stock Yards Company ( about 800 feet away); Fort Worth Stockyards Horse and Mule Barns ( approx. 0.2 miles away); Early Quarter Horse Shows ( approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Categories. • Landmarks •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 1, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.