Plymouth in Washington County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Battle of Plymouth
Confederates under Gen. Robert F. Hoke, aided by the ram "Albemarle," took the town, April 17-20, 1864.
Erected 1938. (Marker Number B 9.)
Location. This marker has been replaced by another marker nearby. 35° 51.886′ N, 76° 44.98′ W. Marker is in Plymouth, North Carolina, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of West Third Street and Washington Street, on the left when traveling west on West Third Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plymouth NC 27962, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. A different marker also named Battle of Plymouth (within shouting distance of this marker); Ausbon House (within shouting distance of this marker); Plymouth United Methodist Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hampton Academy (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Battle of Plymouth (about 700 feet away); Ram Albemarle (about 800 feet away); Washington County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); New Chapel Baptist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plymouth.
More about this marker. This marker was replaced by a new one also named
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 344 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.