Plymouth in Washington County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1938 by Department of Conservation and Development. (Marker Number B 10.)
Location. 35° 52.004′ N, 76° 44.913′ W. Marker is in Plymouth, North Carolina, in Washington County. Marker is on East Main Street east of Adams Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plymouth NC 27962, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battle of Plymouth (a few steps from this marker); Washington County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Rt. Rev. Alfred Augustin Watson (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Plymouth United Methodist Church (about 500 feet away); Latham House (about 500 feet away); Siege of Plymouth, NC (about 600 feet away); New Chapel Baptist Church (about 600 feet away); Cushing’s Torpedo (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plymouth.
Categories. • War, US Civil • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 324 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.