Buffalo in Erie County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The Site of Fort Tompkins
Also Known as Fort Adams
on the American shore
in or near Buffalo
during the War of 1812
Erected 1903 by the International Railway Company.
Location. 42° 54.64′ N, 78° 54.011′ W. Marker is in Buffalo, New York, in Erie County. Marker is on Niagara Street (New York State Route 266) north of School Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The historic marker is affixed to the front, outside brick wall of a business building located on the river side of the roadway, a short distance north of where the Peace Bridge crosses over into Canada. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1010 Niagara Street, Buffalo NY 14213, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Nowak Pier ( approx. 0.2 miles away); Harrowing Journey ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Broderick Park / Distinctive River Ecosystems ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Black Rock Harbor / From Plantation to Promised Land ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Underground Railroad River Crossing ( approx. 0.3 miles away); West Ferry Street Bascule Bridge International Crossing ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Industrial Powerhouse ( approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Buffalo.
Also see . . .
1. Fort Tompkins (Buffalo, New York). This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on July 3, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. Fort Tompkins. This is a link to information provided by "where to when to" of Western New York and Southern Ontario. (Submitted on July 3, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 3, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 477 times since then and 42 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 3, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.