New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
by Daniel Dubois. Site
first redoubt. There are
port holes in the east end.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 41° 45.093′ N, 74° 5.3′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Huguenot Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bevier House ( within shouting distance of this marker); Deyo House ( within shouting distance of this marker); Stone Church-1773 ( within shouting distance of this marker); Jean Hasbrouck House ( about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); New Paltz Patentees ( about 300 feet away); Die Pfalz ( about 300 feet away); Walloon Church ( about 300 feet away); Hasbrouck House ( about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Paltz.
More about this marker. The Huguenot Street Historic District is located along that street in New Paltz, New York. The seven stone houses and three accompanying structures in the district were built in the late 17th century by Huguenot settlers
Also see . . . Historic Huguenot Street. (Submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 1,031 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.