New Castle in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1905 by Delaware Society of the Colonial Dames of America.
Marker series. This marker is included in the National Society of Colonial Dames of America marker series.
Location. 39° 39.733′ N, 75° 33.6′ W. Marker is in New Castle, Delaware, in New Castle County. Marker is at the intersection of Second Street and Chestnut Street on Second Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Castle DE 19720, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Fort Casimir (a few steps from this marker); Broad Dyke (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Mount Salem U.M. Church (about 700 feet away); Midshipman John Stockton, United States Navy (approx. 0.2 miles away); George Read (approx. 0.2 miles away); Revolutionary War Patriots in the Immanuel Churchyard George Read (approx. 0.2 miles away); Captain John Evans (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Castle.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Forts, Castles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2012, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. This page has been viewed 440 times since then and 51 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 4, 2012, by Nate Davidson of Salisbury, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.