New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
one of twelve original
patentees of New Paltz.
The Low House after 1732.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 41° 45.174′ N, 74° 5.304′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Huguenot Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hasbrouck House (within shouting distance of this marker); Stone Church-1773 (within shouting distance of this marker); Bevier House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Dubois House (about 500 feet away); New Paltz (about 600 feet away); Deyo House (about 600 feet away); Jean Hasbrouck House (about 800 feet away); New Paltz Patentees (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Paltz.
More about this marker. The Huguenot Street Historic District is located along that street in New Paltz, New York. The seven stone houses and three accompanying structures in the district were built in the late 17th century by Huguenot settlers fleeing religious persecution in France and Belgium. They
Also see . . . Historic Huguenot Street. (Submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Additional keywords. New Paltz SUNY French Huguenot Village Guilded Otter
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 960 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.