Concord in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Built in 1916
Erected 2005 by Concord Historical Society.
Location. 37° 58.785′ N, 122° 1.909′ W. Marker is in Concord, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is at the intersection of East Street and Pacheco Street, on the right when traveling north on East Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2080 East Street, Concord CA 94520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Elworthy House (within shouting distance of this marker); Bolla House (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bibber House (about 700 feet away); Alves House (about 800 feet away); Neustaedter House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dedicated to the Founders of Todos Santos (approx. 0.2 miles away); Perry House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Old Fire Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Regarding Barnett House. This home is located at the southeast corner of East and Pacheco Street in Concord, California, in the present North Todos Santos Heritage Area.
It occupies the property originally added to the City by Adolphus W. Maltby in his
The house got its name from subsequent owners, George and Florence Barnett, and was used for years by other prominent owners as a private residence. It is currently used for commercial purposes.
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 9, 2012, by Concord Historical Society of Concord, California. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 9, 2012, by Concord Historical Society of Concord, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Wide area view of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?