New Paltz in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
and store. Original gambrel roof
destroyed in 1888 blizzard. 1968
purchased by LeFevre Family Assoc.
Maintained by HHS and LeFevre family.
Erected by Huguenot Historical Society.
Location. 41° 45.01′ N, 74° 5.331′ W. Marker is in New Paltz, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Huguenot, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Paltz NY 12561, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Walloon Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Die Pfalz (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Jean Hasbrouck House (about 300 feet away); New Paltz Patentees (about 300 feet away); Deyo House (about 400 feet away); Dubois House (about 500 feet away); Bevier House (about 700 feet away); Stone Church-1773 (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Paltz.
Also see . . . Historic Huguenot Street. (Submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 933 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 24, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.