Kingston in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Dutch Church
This church was burned by the British in 1777, restored, and later replaced. Governor George Clinton and some seventy soldiers are buried in its cemetery.
Erected by State of New York.
Location. 41° 55.95′ N, 74° 1.149′ W. Marker is in Kingston, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Wall Street, on the right when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Kingston NY 12401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Patriots of the Revolution (here, next to this marker); a different marker also named Old Dutch Church (here, next to this marker); Van Leuven Mansion (a few steps from this marker); George Clinton (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named George Clinton (within shouting distance of this marker); “The Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of the Town of Kingston in Ulster County” (within shouting distance of this marker); Dr. Cornelius C. Elmendorph House George Washington (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kingston.
More about this marker. The marker features a map of New York State with Revolutionary War Heritage Trail Sites indicated. It has a caption of “The Revolutionary War Heritage Trail links historic sites that tell the story of New York’s decisive role in America’s fight for independence.”
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 320 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 12, 2012, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.