Tallinn, Harjumaa Maakond, Estonia
The Historic Centre (Old Town) of Tallinn
Text in Estonian: …
Text in English:
(Old Town) of Tallinn has been
inscribed upon the World Heritage
List of the Convention concerning
the protection of the World
Cultural and Natural Heritage.
Inclusion on this list confirms the
exceptional universal value of a
cultural of natural site which
deserves protection for the benefit
of all humanity.
Erected by UNESCO World Heritage Convention. (Marker Number 1199.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization marker series.
Location. 59° 26.224′ N, 24° 44.705′ E. Marker is in Tallinn, Harjumaa Maakond. Marker is on Town Hall Square [Raekoja Platz], South. Touch for map. Marker is on the wall at the northwest corner of the Town Hall, on the south side of Raekoja Platz. Marker is in this post office area: Tallinn, Harjumaa Maakond 10146, Estonia.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Tallinn Town Hall - Anno 1404 ( a few steps from this marker); Suurgildi Hoone Mustpeade Maja ( about 210 meters away); Residence of Konstantin Päts ( approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Toompea Loss ( approx. 0.4 kilometers away); British Royal Navy in the Estonian War of Independence ( approx. 0.6 kilometers away); Polish Submarine "ORZEŁ" - September 1939 ( approx. 0.7 kilometers away); Mälestusmärk “Katkenud Liin” / “Broken Line” ( approx. 0.7 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tallinn.
Also see . . . Mälestised 1199 Tallinna Raekoda. (Submitted on July 4, 2012, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Additional keywords. Tallinna Raekoda
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2012, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 402 times since then and 16 times this year. Last updated on July 15, 2012, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 4, 2012, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 15, 2012, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.