Macon in Jones County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Garrison Road
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 084-7.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 32° 57.229′ N, 83° 27.07′ W. Marker was in Macon, Georgia, in Jones County. Marker was at the intersection of Georgia Route 49 and Georgia Route 18, on the right when traveling south on State Route 49. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Macon GA 31217, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Battle of Griswoldville ( approx. 3.2 miles away); Pitts Chapel ( approx. 3.3 miles away); The 15th Corps ( approx. 3.4 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Griswoldville ( approx. 5.9 miles away); Battle of Griswoldville: ( approx. 5.9 miles away); Battle of Griswoldville The Deployment and Assaults ( approx. 6 miles away); The Cavalry Skirmish ( approx. 6.1 miles away); James C. Roberts Municipal Complex ( approx. 6.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Macon.
More about this marker. The marker was last known to be standing in 1996.
The text for the missing marker was taken from “Georgia Historical Markers” (Bay Tree Grove, Second Edition 1978) compiled by Carroll P. Scruggs from the records of the Georgia Historical Commission.
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • War of 1812 • Wars, US Indian •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 26, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 395 times since then and 39 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on July 26, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of marker prior to its disappearance? • Can you help?