Fort Smith in Sebastian County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
Reynolds - Davis Wholesale Grocery Company
300 Garrison Avenue
A tornado ripped through downtown Fort Smith on the ill fated Sunday night of April 21, 1996. The storm destroyed this and numerous other buildings located along the west end of Garrison Avenue. The facade was preserved as a reminder of the grandeur of this once fine structure.
Griffin Properteries of Fort Smith, LLC
Erected 2012 by Griffin Properteries of Fort Smith, LLC.
Location. 35° 23.329′ N, 94° 25.673′ W. Marker is in Fort Smith, Arkansas, in Sebastian County. Marker is on Garrison Avenue (U.S. 64), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located next to Ross Pendergrapft Park. Marker is at or near this postal address: 300 Garrison Avenue, Fort Smith AR 72901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Marble Hall in 1863 (within shouting distance of this marker); Vogel & Wallace (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bass Reeves - Lawman on the Western Frontier W.J. Murphy - Eads Brothers Building in 1903 (about 300 feet away); 1908 Reunion of U.S. Marshals (about 300 feet away); The Fishback Block in 1872 (about 300 feet away); Deputy U.S. Marshal Bass Reeves (about 300 feet away); Confederate [and] Union Occupation of Fort Smith (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Smith.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 28, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 431 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 28, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. 6. submitted on March 23, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.