Galveston in Galveston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Trinity Protestant Episcopal Church
First service held Nov. 1, 1857. Here Rev. Alexander Gregg was elected first bishop of the diocese of Texas on May 6, 1859.
Trinity and her congregation have withstood the perils of epidemics, fire and flood.
Erected 1965 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 11580.)
Location. 29° 18.147′ N, 94° 47.5′ W. Marker is in Galveston, Texas, in Galveston County. Marker is on 22nd Street 0.1 miles north of Ball Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Galveston TX 77550, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eaton Memorial Chapel (here, next to this marker); The Galveston Movement (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Congregation B'nai Israel Synagogue (about 400 feet away); Confederate Mariner: Leon Smith (about 500 feet away); Galveston in the Republic of Texas The Rosenberg Library (about 500 feet away); The Rt. Rev. Monsignor James Martin Kirwin (about 600 feet away); Exploration (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Galveston.
Regarding Trinity Protestant Episcopal Church. This church is on the National Register of Historical Places.
Also see . . . The Active Church. (Submitted on August 1, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 361 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on August 1, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.