Irwin in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
John Irwin House
Erected 1976 by Welcome Wagon Club, Irwin-North Huntingdon Sponsor.
Location. 40° 19.713′ N, 79° 42.632′ W. Marker is in Irwin, Pennsylvania, in Westmoreland County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Pennsylvania Avenue (Old Route 30), on the right when traveling south on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Irwin PA 15642, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Beginning of the Lincoln Highway (within shouting distance of this marker); Braddock's Military Road 1755 "Three Springs" Camp (approx. 1.4 miles away); Fort Walthour (approx. 1.5 miles away); Braddock's Military Road 1755 Monacatootha's Camp (approx. 2.8 miles away); Ambush (approx. 4.9 miles away); Bushy Run Battlefield Welcome to Bushy Run Battlefield (approx. 4.9 miles away); Pontiac's War (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Irwin.
Also see . . .
1. The Irwin Project. (Submitted on August 5, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
2. Col. John Irwin at FindAGrave.com. (Submitted on August 9, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 5, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,268 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 5, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.