Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Oconto in Oconto County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Stanley Toy Company

 
 
Stanley Toy Company Marker image. Click for full size.
By Melinda Roberts, August 7, 2012
1. Stanley Toy Company Marker
Inscription. This building is all that remains of the once-larger Stanley Toy Company building. Established by Chester Schwedler in 1946, the Stanley Toy Company made cast-metal horse-drawn carriages and bunny toy carts. On December 29, 1949, fire destroyed the building and production ended.
 
Erected 2011 by Wisconsin Historical Society. (Marker Number 538.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society marker series.
 
Location. 44° 53.245′ N, 87° 51.852′ W. Marker is in Oconto, Wisconsin, in Oconto County. Marker is at the intersection of Park Avenue and Main Street, on the right when traveling north on Park Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is a small plaque on the brick building behind "Jerry's Service". Marker is at or near this postal address: 310 Park Ave, Oconto WI 54153, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Nicholas Perrot (approx. mile away); First Church of Christ, Scientist (approx. 0.7 miles away); Mission of St. Francois Xavier (approx. one mile away); Old Copper Culture Cemetery (approx. 1.7 miles away); Latitude 45 N
Stanley Toy Company Marker image. Click for full size.
By Melinda Roberts, August 13, 2012
2. Stanley Toy Company Marker
The marker is just north of the intersection of Main Street, behind Jerry's Service.
(approx. 7.8 miles away); In Memoriam (approx. 12.9 miles away); Peshtigo Fire Cemetery (approx. 12.9 miles away); Lena Road Schoolhouse (approx. 13.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Oconto.
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
Stanley Toy Company Marker image. Click for full size.
By Paul Fehrenbach, September 18, 2015
3. Stanley Toy Company Marker
Marker is located on the lower right corner of the building.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 7, 2012, by Melinda Roberts of De Pere, United States. This page has been viewed 432 times since then and 62 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 7, 2012, by Melinda Roberts of De Pere, United States.   3. submitted on September 21, 2015, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement