Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hahnville in Saint Charles Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Flagville

 
 
Flagville Marker image. Click for full size.
By Renee Simpson, August 10, 2012
1. Flagville Marker
Inscription. Named for O.J. Flagg in 1870; now a part of Hahnville. Letter left here by Tonti in 1686 with Quinipissa chief for LaSalle. Taensa Village, 1713. De Veuve, French Concession, 1718. Site included grant to Joseph Roi de Villere, 1765.
 
Erected 1962 by Louisiana Department of Commerce and Industry.
 
Location. 29° 57.87′ N, 90° 24.35′ W. Marker is in Hahnville, Louisiana, in Saint Charles Parish. Marker is at the intersection of River Road (State Highway 18) and Richards Lane, on the left when traveling west on River Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hahnville LA 70057, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Home Place (approx. half a mile away); Fashion Plantation (approx. 0.6 miles away); L'Anse Aux Outardes (approx. one mile away); Settlement Of The German Coast (approx. 1.4 miles away); "Denver" (approx. 1.4 miles away); St. Charles Borromeo "Little Red Church" (approx. 2.1 miles away); Saint Charles Borromeo Church (approx. 2.1 miles away); Destrehan Manor House (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hahnville.
 
Categories. ExplorationSettlements & Settlers
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2012, by Renee Simpson of Hahnville, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 19 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on August 10, 2012, by Renee Simpson of Hahnville, Louisiana. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement