Franklin Springs in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Original Site and Portions
Franklin Springs City Jail
Built early 1920’s
Location. 34° 16.95′ N, 83° 8.739′ W. Marker is in Franklin Springs, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is on King Street 0.1 miles north of Spring Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is located at the J. P. Moore Memorial Park. Marker is in this post office area: Franklin Springs GA 30639, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historical Franklin Springs (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Franklin Springs (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Historical Franklin Springs (about 700 feet away); Tyrus Raymond Cobb (approx. 1½ miles away); Ty Cobb (approx. 1½ miles away); Royston, GA / U.S. Bicentennial Monument (approx. 1½ miles away); Dr. Stewart D. Brown, Sr. (approx. 1.9 miles away); Poplar Springs Methodist Camp Ground (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Franklin Springs.
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 16, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 324 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 16, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.