Fernandina Beach in Nassau County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Nassau County Historic Courthouse
Erected 2009 by The Nassau County Board of County Commissioners and the Florida Department of State. (Marker Number F-686.)
Location. 30° 40.259′ N, 81° 27.684′ W. Marker is in Fernandina Beach, Florida, in Nassau County. Marker is on Centre Street near S 5th Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fernandina Beach FL 32034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Lesesne House (a few steps from this marker); Memorial United Methodist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Presbyterian Church (about 400 feet away); David L. Yulee (about 700 feet away); Phelan-Verot House Built Prior to 1866 (about 700 feet away); St. Peter's Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Revolutionary War Invasion of British East Florida (approx. 0.2 miles away); Florida's First Atlantic to Gulf Railroad (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fernandina Beach.
Regarding Nassau County Historic Courthouse. as mentioned - National Register of Historic Places:
Fernandina Beach Historic District (added 1973 - - #73000593)
♦ Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
♦ Architect, builder, or engineer: Barber,George W., et al., Schuyler,Robert V.
♦ Architectural Style: Queen Anne, Italianate
♦ Area of Significance:
♦ Period of Significance: 1875-1899, 1850-1874
♦ Historic Function: Commerce/Trade, Domestic
♦ Current Function: Commerce/Trade, Domestic
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 17, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 343 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 17, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 18, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.