Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Easton in Washington County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Friends Log Meeting House

 
 
Friends Log Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Virginia McGreevy, August 16, 2012
1. Friends Log Meeting House Marker
Inscription. Surrounded by Burgoyne's Indian allies in 1777 but finding Friends unarmed stacked arms and attended meeting peaceably.
 
Erected 1932 by State Education Department.
 
Location. 42° 59.417′ N, 73° 32.4′ W. Marker is in Easton, New York, in Washington County. Marker is on Meeting House Road just east of Hoag Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 227 Meeting House Road, Greenwich NY 12834, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Whiteside Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 3.2 miles away but has been reported missing); Surviving Portion of Champlain Canal (approx. 3.5 miles away); Site of the Taylor Cabin (approx. 3.5 miles away); Town of Saratoga (approx. 3.5 miles away); Crown Forces Baggage Park (approx. 3.5 miles away); Main Crown Forces Hospital (approx. 3.6 miles away); Crown Forces Artillery Park (approx. 3.6 miles away).
 
Regarding Friends Log Meeting House. The property is still used as a Meeting House and there is a cemetery located next to the Meeting House. The Log Meeting House has been replaced by the one shown
Current Friends Meeting House on the property. image. Click for full size.
By Virginia McGreevy, August 16, 2012
2. Current Friends Meeting House on the property.
in the pictures.
 
Additional keywords. Burgoynes Campaign, 1777
 
Categories. Native AmericansWar, US Revolutionary
 
Friends Meeting House today image. Click for full size.
By Virginia McGreevy, August 16, 2012
3. Friends Meeting House today
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 17, 2012, by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. This page has been viewed 254 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 17, 2012, by Tom McGreevy of Averill Park, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement