Near Lavonia in Franklin County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Poplar Springs Baptist Church
< ------ <<<<
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 059-8.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 30.35′ N, 83° 6.649′ W. Marker is near Lavonia, Georgia, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of Gum Log Road (Georgia Route 328) and Poplar Springs Church Road, on the left when traveling west on Gum Log Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 67 Poplar Springs Church Road, Lavonia GA 30553, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker Red Hollow Road (approx. 4½ miles away); Vandiver Bridge (approx. 4.9 miles away in South Carolina); Parkertown - 1832 (was approx. 5 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Shoal Creek (approx. 6.3 miles away); Tugalo Baptist Church and Cemetery (approx. 6.6 miles away); Eastanollee Baptist Church (was approx. 7.6 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Capt. Samuel Earle (approx. 8 miles away in South Carolina); Stephens County High School (approx. 8.2 miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on August 27, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.