Kearney in Buffalo County, Nebraska — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Site of Bauer Drug
November 1, 1946 - December 1958
—Proprietor, George J. Bauer —
Bauer Sundries & Veterinary Supplies
January 1959 - October 1969
Proprietor, Frances R. Bauer
Home of Kearney's last soda fountain
In honor of
George J. and Frances R. Bauer
for their civic mindedness and years of
dedication to the Old Town business area.
"We exist temporarily through what we take,
but we live forever through what we give."
Plaque given in honor of Frances R. Bauer's
85th birthday - June 9, 2004
and in memory of George J. Bauer
(6-7-1912 to 12-18-1958)
and Michael J. "Mick" Bauer
(6-12-1941 to 2-12-1999)
by Terri (Bauer) Hirschbrunner
Erected by Terri Bauer Hirschbrunner.
Location. 40° 41.614′ N, 99° 4.919′ W. Marker is in Kearney, Nebraska, in Buffalo County. Marker is on Central Avenue near 19th Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1906 Central Avenue, Kearney NE 68847, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kearney: From the Beginning (here, next to this marker); Old Oregon Trail (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Empress Theatre Kearney Civil War and Spanish-American War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Historic Kearney (approx. 0.7 miles away); University of Nebraska at Kearney (approx. 0.8 miles away); Shelton Union Pacific Depot (approx. 0.8 miles away); Baldwin Engine 481 (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kearney.
Categories. • Animals • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Science & Medicine •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 27, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 401 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 27, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. 2. submitted on August 28, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.