Near Hamilton in Martin County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1939 by Department of Conservation and Development. (Marker Number B 18.)
Location. 35° 55.659′ N, 77° 12.183′ W. Marker is near Hamilton, North Carolina, in Martin County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 125 and Fort Branch Road (County Route 1416), on the right when traveling north on State Highway 125. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Oak City NC 27857, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Fort Branch (approx. 1.8 miles away); Flat Swamp Church (approx. 8.8 miles away); Asa Biggs House (approx. 9.6 miles away); Skewarkee Primitive Baptist Church (approx. 9.8 miles away); Skewarkey Church (approx. 9.8 miles away); Roanoke River (approx. 10.3 miles away).
Also see . . . Fort Branch Civil War Site. The Fort Branch Battlefield Commission, Inc. is a non-profit (501C-3) volunteer organization that maintains the site. (Submitted on September 3, 2012, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Forts, Castles • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2012, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 317 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 3, 2012, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.