Port Allegheny in McKean County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1948 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 48.341′ N, 78° 16.648′ W. Marker is in Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania, in McKean County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (U.S. 6) and Port-Emporium Road (Pennsylvania Route 155), on the right when traveling east on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Allegany PA 16743, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Port Allegany (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Port Allegany (approx. 1.1 miles away); Port Allegany, PA (approx. 4.6 miles away); Mount Equity Plantation (approx. 6.2 miles away); Saint Mary's Church (approx. 7.4 miles away); Tidewater Pipe Company (approx. 8.2 miles away); "The Bucktails" (approx. 8.8 miles away); McKean County (approx. 8.8 miles away).
Categories. • Native Americans • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 277 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 3, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.