Ashland in Boyd County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
Organized June 11, 1819, at home of Maj. Jas. Poage, north of this spot, as Bethesda Presbyterian Church by Rev. Robert Wilson with 20 members. First a mile SW on Pollard Rd.; moved 1828 to Beech Grove, ½ mile W. and in 1858 to this corner as First Presbyterian Church, oldest Boyd County church building and congregation, 1971.
Marker presented by Church members
Erected 1971 by Kentucky Historical Society and Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1416.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Kentucky Historical Society marker series.
Location. 38° 28.703′ N, 82° 38.365′ W. Marker is in Ashland, Kentucky, in Boyd County. Marker is at the intersection of Winchester Avenue and 16th Street / Judd Plaza, on the right when traveling east on Winchester Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1600 Winchester Avenue, Ashland KY 41101, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wiard Cannon (within shouting distance of this marker); Ashland (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gov. Simeon Willis (approx. ¼ mile away); Indian Mounds 2015 Inductees (approx. 0.4 miles away); 2016 Inductees (approx. 0.4 miles away); 2017 Inductees (approx. 0.4 miles away); 2018 Inductees (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ashland.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on November 13, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 468 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 6, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.