Fort Jackson, Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
4th Infantry Division
Erected 1986 by The Raymond O. Barton Chapter of the National 4th Association. (Marker Number 40-96.)
Location. 34° 0.475′ N, 80° 56.818′ W. Marker is in Fort Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is on Jackson Blvd. near Daniel Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia SC 29207, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. 108th Division (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Darby Field (approx. 0.2 miles away); 30th Inf Division (approx. 0.2 miles away); 26th Inf Division (approx. 0.2 miles away); 31st Inf Division (approx. ¼ mile away); Bridge at Remagen Stone (approx. 0.3 miles away); 100th Inf Division (approx. half a mile away); Fort Jackson Elementary School / Hood Street Elementary School (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Jackson, Columbia.
Regarding 4th Infantry Division. Motto:Steadfast and Loyal
Colors: Green and Gold
Also see . . . The 4th Infantry Division. WW II... The division participated in battlefield maneuvers in Florida starting in September and after this fall training exercise arrived at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, on 1 December 1943. At this station the division was alerted for overseas movement and staged at Camp Kilmer, New Jersey, beginning 4 January 1944 prior to departing the New York Port of Embarkation on 18 January 1944. The 4th Infantry Division sailed to England where it arrived 26 January 1944. (Submitted on September 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Military •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on September 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.