Fort Jackson, Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
87th Inf Division
Erected 1972 by 87th Division Association. (Marker Number 40-56.)
Location. 34° 1.551′ N, 80° 56.262′ W. Marker is in Fort Jackson, Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is on Jackson Blvd. near Forest Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia SC 29207, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 102nd Cavalry ( about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); 77th Inf Division ( approx. 0.2 miles away); 106th Inf Division ( approx. 0.3 miles away); 8th Infantry Division ( approx. 0.4 miles away); Bridge at Remagen Stone ( approx. 1.1 miles away); 31st Inf Division ( approx. Fort Jackson Elementary School / Hood Street Elementary School ( approx. 1.1 miles away); 30th Inf Division ( approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Jackson, Columbia.
Also see . . . The 87th Infantry Division ("Golden Acorn"). Motto: Stalwart and Strong
Training: Moved to the Tennessee Maneuver Area on 3 December 1943, for the Second Army #4 Tennessee Maneuvers; Consolidated to Fort Jackson, South Carolina on 20 January 1944 for divisional training. (Submitted on September 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 253 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.