La Verkin in Washington County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
“Indian for Beautiful Valley”
In 1903, the first post office with H.W. Gubler as post master. June 23, 1904, an L.D.S. Ward was organized under a bowery with Morris Wilson as bishop, in 1904 first school house was built.
Erected 1949 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers – Crystal Cave Camp. (Marker Number 134.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 37° 11.962′ N, 113° 16.17′ W. Marker is in La Verkin, Utah, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street and West 100 South, on the right when traveling north on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is on the southeast corner. Marker is in this post office area: La Verkin UT 84745, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hurricane/LaVerkin Bridge (approx. 0.7 miles away); La Verkin Canal (approx. 0.8 miles away); Southern Exploring Company – 1849 Hurricane Canal (approx. 0.9 miles away); Southern Exploring Company - 1849 (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Historic Hurricane Canal (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Historic Dixie-Long Valley, Utah Pioneer Trail (approx. 1.2 miles away); Look-out Point (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in La Verkin.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts • Education • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 13, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 39 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.