West in McLennan County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1992 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5758.)
Location. Touch for map. Located at City Hall. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 N. Reagan Street, West TX 76691, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Groppe Building (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Crash at Crush (approx. 0.2 miles away); a different marker also named The Crash at Crush (approx. 3.9 miles away); Abbott Schools (approx. 5.7 miles away); L.C. McKamie (approx. 5.7 miles away); Abbott Baptist Church (approx. 5.9 miles away); Abbott (approx. 5.9 miles away); Abbott United Methodist Church (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West.
Regarding West. Despite its name, West is located in the northern part of Texas, 19.3 miles north of Waco. Also, most of the city is located on the eastern side of Interstate 35.
Also see . . . West is a city in McLennan County, Texas. On June 11, 1892 West was officially organized into a town. It had become the center of commerce for the area. There were cotton gins, grocery stores, churches, schools and doctors' offices. (Submitted on October 5, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 3, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 407 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 5, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.