Calhoun in Gordon County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Liberty Church Grounds
During the occupation numerous soldiers suffered the trauma of amputation. These body parts were buried in a common pit.
This plot shall forever remain sacred and holy.
Location. 34° 27.75′ N, 84° 58.75′ W. Marker is in Calhoun, Georgia, in Gordon County. Marker is on Liberty Road 0.1 miles east of Georgia Route 53, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker stands alongside the Historic Liberty Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1115 Liberty Road, Calhoun GA 30701, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Liberty Cumberland Presbyterian Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Johnston's Rear Guard Stops McPherson (approx. 2.4 miles away); Roland Hayes (approx. 3 miles away); Richard Peters Plantation (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Calhoun Depot (approx. 3.1 miles away); Gordon County (approx. Calhoun, Ga, May 18, 1864. (approx. 3.3 miles away); Battle of Lay's Ferry (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Calhoun.
More about this marker. The marker uses the word "seiged" were the word "seized" would probably be more appropriate.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 5, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 5, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.