Duanesburg in Schenectady County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
by James Frost in 1834,
using reclaimed portions
from the Featherstonhaugh
Mansion built in 1808
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 49.7′ N, 74° 8.088′ W. Marker is in Duanesburg, New York, in Schenectady County. Marker is at the intersection of Mariaville Road (County Route 159) and Batter Street (County Route 94), on the right when traveling west on Mariaville Road. Touch for map. This marker is located just across the street from the Mariaville Lakeside Country Store at the traffic light in the hamlet of Mariaville Lake. Marker is at or near this postal address: 8882 Mariaville Road, Pattersonville NY 12137, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sherburne Tannery (was approx. 2.1 miles away but has been reported missing. ); Great Lot 92 (approx. 2.1 miles away); Associate Church (approx. 3 miles away); Scotch Church Cemetery (approx. 3 miles away); Christ Episcopal Church (approx. 4.2 miles away); a different marker also named Christ Episcopal Church William North (approx. 4.3 miles away); James Duane (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Duanesburg.
More about this marker. The Marker is in Mariaville, a hamlet in the Town of Duanesburg.
Also see . . .
1. I Spy in Quaker Street/Duanesburg. History of Mariaville Lake and the Mariaville Lakeside Country Store (formerly known as Silas Marsh General Store and before that Peeke's Store). (Submitted on March 8, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
2. Mariaville Historic District. There are more photos of the Frost Mansion at a website about the Mariaville Historic District (Submitted on January 7, 2009, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 8, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. This page has been viewed 1,126 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 8, 2008, by Howard C. Ohlhous of Duanesburg, New York. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.