Angelica in Shawano County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
This is the site where the 21-room Wescott House was located. It served as an overnight stop for stagecoach passengers and also housed a Post Office and General Store. Sometime around 1945 the building was removed by Mike Powers and Herb Rusch with some of the lumber being used for the construction of their homes.
In addition to the passengers, the stage also carried the mail and made drop-offs and collections along the route. Traveling by stage was somewhat risky because of hold-ups, mail robberies and horse runaways. At times a stage would tip over because of the condition of the road.
From the Pineries to the Present Heritage Tourism Area 2007
Location. 44° 40.626′ N, 88° 19.038′ W. Marker is in Angelica, Wisconsin, in Shawano County Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pulaski WI 54162, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 4 other markers are within 15 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sgt Avery Wilber Memorial Bridge (approx. 9.8 miles away); Navarino Area Veterans Memorial (approx. 9.8 miles away); Oneida Veterans Memorial (approx. 14.1 miles away); Revolutionary War Veteran (approx. 14.3 miles away).
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 21, 2012, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. This page has been viewed 270 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 21, 2012, by Bob (peach) Weber of Prescott Valley, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.